1. Inprova Energy is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the information that you provide to us about yourself will be processed in accordance with the Act.
2. We may change this policy by updating this page. Please check this page from time to time if you would like to keep abreast with any changes. This policy is effective from 05 May 2016.
3. The personal information we collect from you is used by us for the following purposes:
4. We may contact you from time to time with details of our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such information please contact the company by email at email@example.com.
- to provide you with energy procurement and consultancy services;
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services; and
- marketing and market research
5. We may also provide details of other companies’ services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such information please advise us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that there is no unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information and that such personal information is protected from accidental loss or destruction, or damage.
7. We may give access to the personal information we hold to certain persons. Examples of such persons include:
- employees and agents (or those of energy providers, our contractors, sub-contractors and intermediaries who are involved in introducing your business to us or in providing part of our services to you on our behalf) to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you;
- lawyers and debt recovery agencies, to help us trace and collect money owed to us;
- professional advisers in relation to the provision of our services;
- our successor, to whom we may transfer our rights, assets and duties and to professional advisers advising us on such transfer;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so; and
- the police or other law enforcement agencies investigating criminal offences or working to detect or prevent crime.
8. We will not provide your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
9. We may transfer data outside the European Economic Area to countries which do not have similar data protection laws to the UK. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
10. The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any subject access request may be subject to a fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
11. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer by websites that you visit. These files are there for many reasons, including:
- To track users across the website to see what pages users are visiting and how often they return.
- To store settings that a user may have selected to personalise the site.
- To keep a user logged into the site.
What cookies do we use?
The EU E-Privacy Directive requires us to inform visitors about the cookies that we use on www.inprovaenergy.com. The full list of cookies used are listed below.